Golden Dog breeds are the breeds whose coat color is Golden. These dogs are not only pretty, but they have specific characteristics that make people go in awe of them. These are not aggressive, and human-friendly dogs that originate in different parts of the world and are famous all over.
This article contains factual details of some of the most attractive and famous Golden Dog Breeds.
|Weight||Male: 29–34 kg (65–75 lbs)
Female: 25–29 kg (55–65 lbs)
|Height||Male: 22–24 inches (56–61 cm)
Female: 20-22 inches (51-56 cm)
|Life Expectancy||Average 10-12 years|
|Coat||Straight or moderately wavy|
|Color||Any gold or cream shades|
Popularly known as a disability assistance dog, the Golden Retriever is a medium-large, active and calm gun dog that was bred to retrieve shot waterfowl, such as ducks during hunting and shooting parties. They need a lot of exercise and are incredibly responsive to obedience training.
- Golden Retrievers make great pets for families due to their patience with children.
- They are intelligent, which makes them highly capable as "working dogs."
- They are wholly devoted to their human family and can do anything to safeguard them.
American Cocker Spaniel
|Weight||11 to 14 kg (24 to 30 lbs)|
|Height||Male: 15.5 inches (39 cms)
Female: 14.5 inches (37 cms)
|Life Expectancy||12 to 15 years|
|Coat||Medium-length, thick, and long|
|Color||White, black, brown, tan, grey, red, or fawn|
These dogs are compact, sturdy, active sporting dogs. They have a gentle and soft personality; therefore, harsh training methods will make him fearful. American Cocker Spaniel loves hunting, and they might go behind birds to chase them while you take them for a walk.
- He is affectionate and loves to be around a family.
- These are sensitive dogs, mentally and physically, and harsh behavior upsets them.
- These need careful handling to bring out the jovial personality.
English Cocker Spaniel
|Weight||23 and 25 kilograms (51-55 lbs)|
|Height||Male: 19.25 and 20 inches (48.9-50.8 cm)
Female: 19 and 19.75 inches (48.3-50.2 cm)
|Life Expectancy||12 – 15 years|
|Color||Solid black, liver, red, black and tan, liver and tan, particolored, ticked, roan|
Solid black, liver, red, black and tan, liver and tan, particolored, ticked, roan
English Cocker Spaniel is a medium-sized, well-balanced dog who has expressive eyes, and long ears. It was initially bred to hunt all day long and retrieve upland game birds. They put up a soft yet melting expression on their face.
- They make great companion dogs for people who can give them the exercise they need.
- They are athletic, alert, and resilient.
- These are quite friendly and can gel up with people of all ages as well as other dogs.
|Weight||Male: 65–90 kgs (143–198 lbs)
Female: 55–70 kgs (121–154 lbs)
|Height||24-30 inches (60-77 cms)|
|Life Expectancy||10 to 12 years|
|Coat||Short, dense, soft, smooth, and shiny|
|Color||Fawns, reds, browns, brindle, cream brindle and black|
Often called "Velcro" dogs, Boerboels were established as a breed in South Africa in 1984. One of the most powerful dogs in the world. These are big, robust, and powerful, similar to a mastiff. They need training from the start, with lots of hard work on the part of the owner, or they can turn out to be destructive for society. This breed of dog makes an excellent guard dog.
- They are charming and won't hesitate to defend their loved owners.
- The protective character of the Boerboel is evident, and they are also famous for their calm, stable, and confident composure.
- They are loyal, tend to be protective of their family and territory, and are great with children.
|Weight||Male: 45-100 lbs
Female: 45-100 lbs
|Height||Male: 24-26 inches
Female: 22-23 inches
|Life Expectancy||10-15 years|
|Coat||Straight, Wavy, Curly|
|Color||Cream, Gold, Red, Black, Brown, White, Grey|
The Goldendoodle is a "designer dog," which ranges from small to large. These are hybrid dog breeds resulting from crossbreeding between a Poodle and a Golden Retriever. Some Goldendoodles have been trained as guide dogs, for which their temperament is suited.
- Goldendoodles are great companion dogs. They love their closed ones and prefer to live in the house.
- They are versatile in working and are thriving as guide dogs, service dogs, therapy dogs, and sniffer dogs.
- These are active and enjoy playtime.
Dog breeds with a golden coat are very loving and affectionate and love to be around families. All the kinds of dogs mentioned in this article are homesick dogs, and they need human proximity to grow and attain a better personality and hence excellent as family pet dogs.